Maybe I was raised in the old fashion way, I always say that I have a “Princess complex” because I think that manners are extremedy important and the way you dress speaks a lot about you.
Last week I found a wonderful article reading The HuffingtonPost that describes point by point how to look like a chic European, I going to reinterpret this article and add some points to show you the easy ways to look ‘Like a Princess’, hope you enjoy it!
1. Perfect manners are the most elegant accessory any woman can have.
2. A great posture gives any woman class, elegance and a slimmer look.
3. Leaving things to the imagination is more elegant than putting it all out there. Think backless dresses rather than low-cut dresses.
4. There is no excuse for imperfect grooming. Ever.
5. Nails (hands): The most elegant nail length is short; the most elegant shape is a slightly square oval; the most elegant nail polish color for hands is clear; and there is nothing French about a “French manicure” (to be avoided at all costs, along with anything fake).
6. Feet: pedicures are a must year round, not just when toes come out in the summer; all colors work.
7. Groomed eyebrows make any face look more elegant; overly-groomed eyebrows will age you.
8. Don’t save your jewelry for special occasions. Wear your diamonds, your pearls, your chunky necklaces to celebrate the fact that it is a random Tuesday.
9. You always look more elegant holding one glass of champagne or wine than lying drunk on the floor smelling of beer.
10. You never look elegant smoking (no matter that Audrey Hepburn might disagree).
11. You never sound elegant swearing. Mind your language.
12. Drink water. Lots of it. Ideally, Contrex.
13. It’s very hard to look elegant in cheap fabrics. It is much easier to look (and feel) elegant in fabrics such as linen or cashmere.
14. It’s very hard to look elegant in any outfit if it doesn’t fit; fit is everything; find (and be kind to) a seamstress you love
15. Elegance is not about trendy outfits; it’s about finding styles, shapes, fabrics and colors that work for you and sticking to those.
16. If you find the perfect pair of pants, buy it in multiples.
17. If you find the perfect pair of heels, buy it double.
18. On the shoe note, don’t walk around in heels that need TLC or shoes that need polishing. (The same grooming rule that applies to your person applies to your shoes apparently.)
19. A mysterious smile gives any woman elegance and sex appeal.
20. Being from Latin America, doesn’t mean you have to dress vulgar.
- Real copy of European designers
- My top 10 fashion blogs